Vice-President of Administration
Major: Construction Engineering Management
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Major: Industrial Engineering
Sergeant at Arms
Vice-President of Operations
Major: Selling and Sales Management
Major: Civil Engineering
Certainly the most public and perhaps the best-known description of the purposes of Delta Chi, the Preamble’s principle ideals offer profound potential as a guide to daily life as a brother:
“We, the members of The Delta Chi Fraternity, believing that great advantages are to be derived from a brotherhood of college and university men, appreciating that close association may promote friendship, develop character, advance justice, and assist in the acquisition of a sound education, do ordain and establish this Constitution”.
It has been pointed out that the four most important words in the Preamble are not what most members assume: “Friendship”, “Character”, “Justice”, and “Education”. Instead, it is suggested that the four most important words are “Promote”, ”Develop”, “Advance”, and “Assist.” The point is that “Fraternity” and, in particular, “Delta Chi” is not just about what “is” but what we, as members, should actually be doing. It is our actions that make Delta Chi, which is why the key words are the verbs instead of the nouns.
The Eleven Basic Expectations of a Delta Chi
1. I will strive for academic achievement and practice academic integrity.
2. I will respect the dignity and worth of all persons. I will not physically, mentally, psychologically, or sexually abuse or haze any human being.
3. I will protect the health and safety of all human beings.
4. I will respect my property and the property of others; therefore, I will neither abuse nor support the abuse of property.
5. I will meet my financial obligations in a timely manner.
6. I will neither use nor support the use of illegal drugs. I will neither abuse nor support the abuse of alcohol.
7. I will acknowledge that a clean and attractive environment is essential to both physical and mental health; therefore I will do all in my power to see that the chapter property is safe, properly cleaned, and maintained.
8. I will know and understand the ideals expressed in my fraternity Ritual and will incorporate them into my daily life.
9. I will exercise compassion and understanding in dealing with all persons.
10. I will sustain my commitment to and involvement with the Fraternity throughout my lifetime.
11. I will challenge all my fraternity members to abide by these fraternity obligations and will confront those who violate them.